Work for Us!
The Genesis Group has the following position available:
Technical Support Representative
Technical Support Representative is an IT professional who will provide installation, configuration, and troubleshooting of computer software to customers via telephone and e-mail. This position also includes delivery of on-site training and software installation/configuration at customer locations.
The Genesis Group (Gencore Candeo, Ltd.) is seeking an experienced, resourceful technician to join our growing team. In this position the successful candidate will utilize their excellent computer and software troubleshooting skills to assist our customers to ensure product satisfaction and maintain a positive relationship. Customers include commercial businesses, utilities, manufacturing industries, Public Safety agencies, and government agencies.
- Proficient computer skills, Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel)
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Minimum two years of troubleshooting experience on computer hardware and software issues
- Minimum two years of experience in a customer interaction role
- Ability to apply critical thinking and problem-solving skills to customer problems
- Ability to work independently and efficiently
- Self motivated, detail-oriented and organized
- Honesty, Integrity, Good Moral Judgment
- Able to build strong interpersonal relationships with customers and employees
- Experience with VBA and Macros is a plus
- MS SQL Server experience is a plus
- RF Troubleshooting experience on P25 or DMR LMR trunked radio systems is a plus
- CompTIA or other technical certifications a plus
- Provide remote operational support to end users of software
- Provide remote installation and configuration for new installations and upgrades
- Troubleshoot issues with operation, reporting, or connection to the customer’s radio system
- Rotate with other Support Team Members for on-call after hours support duty.
- Rotate with other Support Team members to travel onsite for installation, configuration, and training. Travel can be within the United States or internationally. Will need a current passport.
- Occasional travel to trade shows to assist Sales personnel in Genesis Vendor booth.
- Interact with Development team to resolve specific issues or make suggestions for product improvement.
- Enter Details of each customer session or project in ticketing software so that customer support history can be maintained
- Assist in staging and shipping software/hardware orders as necessary
- Participate in other projects as assigned by Team Leaders
- Salary, full-time, generally 8:00am – 5:00pm, Monday-Thursday (except when travelling or on-call)
- Position located in Tyler, TX — No compensation provided for relocation
- Position open to US citizens or permanent residents only
- Genesis provides a full and very competitive benefits package
Genesis Full-Time Employee Benefits
Genesis is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Apply online and submit your resumé by completing this form. Please include a cover letter that outlines how you meet the position qualifications.