Work for Us!
The Genesis Group has the following positions available:
Quality Assurance Technician
The Genesis group (Gencore Candeo, Ltd.) is looking to fill a Quality Assurance Technician position within our GenLabs testing department that will begin immediately. This will include testing the Genesis software products and work with a smaller team dedicated to a group of products. Visit Genesis solutions page for more information about the company and the products.
Purpose: To assure that all software written and distributed by The Genesis Group is robust and meets the specified requirements before it reaches the customer.
- Team member of Agile/SCRUM team
- Become familiar with our software functionality and design
- Install the new versions of our software on test computers with various platforms
- Create test cases to cover new software functionality
- Create and maintain test plans for software products
- Follow detailed test steps to validate software functionality
- Identify and investigate software defects
- Provide clear documentation of defects
- Provide estimates of product risk due to found defects
- License our software for various configurations and sales bundles
- Able to work within a team
- General computer skills — medium to high level
- Experience with database management systems and SQL
- Excel and Word and other general Microsoft products
- Basic networking skills and understanding of domain trust relationships.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships
- Self-starter with ability to work independently and follow through on assignments with minimal direction
- Proficient in math and reading formulas
- 2+ Years of full-time work experience within a tech position
- Computer experience from on the job or educational
- Bonus Experience:
- Previous software testing
- Experience within a SCRUM teams
- Experience with Motorola radio systems
- US permanent resident or Green Card holders only
- Job is in Tyler, Texas — No compensation provided for relocation
- Genesis provides a very competitive benefits package
Apply by submitting your resumé to: email@example.com. Please include a cover letter that outlines how you meet the position qualifications. Also, include the title of the position for which you are applying in the subject line.