Work for Us!
The Genesis Group has the following positions available:
The Genesis group (Gencore Candeo, Ltd.) is looking to fill a Quality Assurance Technician position within our GenLabs testing department that will begin immediately. This will include testing the Genesis software products and work with a smaller team dedicated to a group of products. Visit our website for more information about the company and the products.
To assure that all software written and distributed by The Genesis Group is robust and meets the specified requirements before it reaches the customer.
- Position Duties
- Team member of Agile/Scrum team
- Become familiar with our software functionality and design
- Install the new versions of our software on test computers with various platforms
- Create test cases to cover new software functionality
- Create and maintain test plans for software products
- Follow detailed test steps to validate software functionality
- Identify and investigate software defects
- Provide clear documentation of defects
- Provide estimates of product risk due to found defects
- License our software for various configurations and sales bundles
- Able to work within a team
- General computer skills — medium to high level
- Experience with database management systems and SQL
- Excel and Word and other general Microsoft products
- Basic networking skills and understanding of domain trust relationships.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships
- Self-starter with ability to work independently and follow through on assignments with minimal direction
- Proficient in math and reading formulas
- 2+ Years of full-time work experience within a tech position
- Computer experience from on the job or educational
- Previous software testing
- Experience within a SCRUM teams
- Experience with Motorola radio systems
- Hourly, Full-time (Generally 8:00am — 5:00pm, Monday-Friday)
- Overtime on a regular basis
- Job is located in Tyler, Texas — No compensation provided for relocation
- Benefits — Genesis provides a very competitive benefit package
Genesis Full-Time Employee Benefits
Apply by submitting your resumé to: email@example.com. Please include a cover letter that outlines how you meet the position qualifications. Also, include the title of the position for which you are applying in the subject line.