Work for Us!
The Genesis Group has the following position available:
East Coast/Federal Sales Representative
Scope of Responsibility
The Sales Account Manager will be responsible but not limited to, the following:
- Responsible for sales, strategic account planning, and overall relationship management for accounts in the Eastern United States, including Federal
- Develop and implement a comprehensive sales plan for each account, covering the full portfolio of Genesis products and services
- Act as a trusted advisor to share Genesis solutions to customer problems through technical presentations, webinars, etc.
- Proactively respond to RFP (request for proposals) and RFI (request for information) opportunities within the region
- Develop strong relationships with key decision-makers and influencers within the region
- Act as a customer liaison and advocate for maintaining service contracts, the status of product support tickets, new product release launches, and current pricing
- Develop new and leverage current procurement vehicles (government buying contracts, GSA schedules, etc.) to simplify and shorten the customer ordering process
- Attend and participate in trade shows, conferences, and other marketing events that pertain to the region
- Consistently meet or exceed established sales quotas for the territory and product family
- Bachelor’s Degree is preferred
- 5+ years of proven sales experience
- Outside sales experience selling software solutions into government organizations is highly preferred
- Strong relationship development skills
- Willingness and ability to be a strong self-starter and hunt to identify/create sales opportunities
- Excellent communication skills (oral, written & presentation)
- Ability to quickly learn essential characteristics of Genesis products/solutions and communicate the value of those solutions to customers
- Confidence to assume the role of “trusted advisor” to customers
- High-tech software solutions sales expertise — experience with Public Safety LMR (Land Mobile Radio) systems would be valuable.
- Knowledge of industry trends and best practices a plus
- Highly motivated and results-oriented
- The ideal candidate would live in or near the Eastern United States or near a major airport
- This position will require approximately 30-50% travel within the region
Genesis Full-Time Employee Benefits
Genesis is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Apply online and submit your resumé by completing this form. Please include a cover letter that outlines how you meet the position qualifications.